Sunday, November 30

Cheese, Herb and Garlic Pull-Apart

This is currently my favourite fancy bread recipe- it looks impressive but is really very easy!

1 quantity bread dough (A batch with 750g flour makes about the right amount)
100g melted butter
1 egg
25g grated parmesan cheese
2 cloves crushed garlic
1/2 tsp salt
dried herbs

Make the bread dough up to the point after the first rising. Knock it back and knead it.

Divide the dough into balls.

Mix the butter, egg, cheese, garlic, salt and herbs together.

Dip each ball of dough into the mixture, and place it in a lined or greased tin (loaf tin, round, ring tin, whatever)
Leave dough to rise again while oven preheats to 190 C
Bake for 30-40 mins.



Adapted from a recipe in 'The Big Book of Bread' by Anne Sheasby

4 comments:

Selene said...

Hi ! I tagged you with a green meme :) http://memotoselfblogger.blogspot.com/2008/12/green-memes-1-and-2.html

Enjoy!

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm over from green meme bloggers.

I'm going to try this bread, it looks fantastic.

Pagan Rach said...

Let me know how you go Mon :)

Jackie said...

OMG that looks delicious. I'm inspired to start baking bread!!! :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com