Monday, November 17

FINISHED!!!

Well, sort of.

I've just (this afternoon) finished my first knitting project! But seeing as it's a part of a (much) larger project, it's not actually finished, but still, I'm feeling proud!

It's a square for a patchwork blanket:


I think it looks pretty bloody spiffy! Yay me. It took me a rather long time, cos having only just learnt to knit (thanks, Mum!) I'm pretty slow still, and I only got to do maybe three or four rows a day, when Zara's sleeping and I don't have anything else I need to do.

So now that I know the (very) basics of knitting - casting on, knit stitch and casting off, LOL - I'm going to move on to slighty more challenging projects! I'm not quite game to try making clothes yet, though. Malachi had requested I make him an orange and blue snake. This'll give me a chance to practice a few other funky things, like increasing (which I've done twice since starting the snake!), colour changing, and maybe other types of stitches. Then I'm planning a bag for me :)

Knitting Help is a cool site. Anyone thinking of learning to knit- do it! It's cool!

-------------

Also, a short vegie garden update...

I'd like to welcome the newest inhabitants of my garden, LOL- a little bubby Meyer Lemon tree, a little bubby Tahitian Lime tree, and some capsicum seedlings. The bloody dog has already gotten into the back vegie garden and dug up one of the capsicums (planted yesterday) and trampled another one. GRRRR....

And - big news - we have cauliflowers coming!


Two of the caulis out the front have visible flowers growing, and I'm sure the others won't be far behind! Woohoo!!

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com