Wednesday, December 3

Green Memes #1 and #2


I got tagged with 2 green memes by Selene at Memo To Self

I've never heard of these things before! But here we go:

1) Link to Green Meme Bloggers. (use image if you like)
2) Link back to whoever tagged you. (no need to wait to be tagged!)
3) Include meme number
4) Include these guidelines in your post
5) Tag 3 other green bloggers.


OK, I'll tag Majik Faerie, Nalin at Yes,ThankYouVeryMuch, and Stephanie and David at Treading Lightly

Okey dokey...

1) Name two motivations for being green?

To look after our beautiful planet, as it's the only one we've got!

To save money.


2) Name 2 eco-UNfriendly items you refuse to give up?

Hmm... I'd love to get rid of our car, but it'd be too hard, we travel to Sydney regularly, and public transport is shocking here.

Air conditioner- I only use it when I really have to... but I love having it for those really hot days. Won't need one once we've got our strawbale house tho!


3) Are you at peace with or do you feel guilty about number 2?

At peace.

4) What are you willing to change but feel unable to/stuck with/unsure how to go about it?

I'd like to buy more organic stuff but can't really afford it...

5) Do you know your carbon footprint for your home? If so, is it larger/smaller than your national average? (http://www.carbonfootprint.com/calculator.aspx)

I have no idea. I'll go have a look later.


6) What's eco-frustrating and/or eco-fantastic about where you live?

Eco-frustrating - the mines. There are lots of coal mines around here, and they want to open new ones. While it's great for jobs and all... grr!

Eco-fantastic - Much less pollution than being in a city, and much more space to grow things!


7) Do you eat local/organic/vegetarian/forage/grow your own?

I am vegetarian and grow as much as I have room for at the moment. The plan is to grow everything when we get out of town.


8) What do you personally find the most challenging in being green?

It can be hard to find eco friendly stuff here, and it's often out of our price range...


9) Do you have a green confession?

I use the air con in the car too much.


10) Do you have the support of family and/or friends?

Mostly.


------------------------------
Green meme #2

1. Do you use baking soda toothpaste or baking soda shampoo? If not, would you consider it?

No, have made the toothpaste before, but it doesn't last long. I buy chemical free versions of both.


2. Do you make any home cleaning products?

I use bicarb and vinegar for everything.


3. What is your top green issue at the moment?

Most of my energy is focused on the vegie garden at the moment.

4. Given unlimited cash, what is on your fantasy green wishlist?

Strawbale house! It will happen... :)

5. Have you implemented any new green act/behaviour/product this month?

Umm...nothing new that I can think of.

4 comments:

majikfaerie said...

:) thanks!
I actually did the carbon footprint thingo. ours was almost half the australian average, but still... too much, so they say.
anyway, I'm respectfully bowing out from doing the meme but yeah, i'm pretty darn green ;)

Selene said...

*waves* hi! liked your answers - I'd never had a meme before either, but it's a nice idea. :)

Pagan Rach said...

Fair enough MF :)
I should go do the carbon thingo like I said I would!

Nalin said...

Hey Rach, thanks for the meme link! My first! And sorry for delayed response, I forgot to change my comment notification settings to my new email address... OK, off to go meme!

 
design by suckmylolly.com