Saturday, November 22

I Knitted a Snake...

Woohoo! My second knitting project is complete! And it only took about a week.
Malachi asked me to make him an orange and blue snake, so I thought I'd give it a go. I made it up as I went along, and used it to try out and practise new knitting things I hadn't done before, like increasing, decreasing, colour changing, purl stitch, and combining knit and purl to make interesting patterns. I'm feeling quite proud of the result!

All the knitting done, looking like roadkill, waiting to be stitched up.

In the middle of life-saving stomach surgery.

I can be straight...

...or I can be curly!

Hmm, maybe my tongue is a bit too long!


Aahhhh! Zara! Don't eat me!

While I was making it, I asked Malachi what the snake's name would be, and he said.... Zara. So Zara-Snake joins Zara-Lamb and numerous dolls named Zara in Malachi's obsession of naming things after his sister.

My next project is a new bag for me, but I've told myself that I won't start it until I've done some work for my ABA training, which I've been too slack on lately! (and yes, maybe I should be doing that instead of blogging... but I have done some this afternoon!)

1 comments:

Mr B said...

Oh you did a great job ! Im so jealous of anyone that can knit.

 
design by suckmylolly.com