Thursday, December 18

Beetroot Swirl Loaf

I was feeling creative the other day, and made this for our Playgroup xmas party.


Take one quantity of bread dough (I used a 500g flour batch for this, with lots of herbs added by Malachi). Roll it out flat to a size that'll fit in a loaf tin when rolled up.


Spread with beetroot relish (or whatever- the recipe I adapted it from used basil pesto, but I didn't have any).


Roll up and place in lined or greased tin. (At this point I should point out that it's a good idea to have the join bit facing the bottom of the tin, for reasons which became apparent when it was cooked)


Cover with teatowel and let rise (I put mine on top of the oven) while oven is heating to 220 C. Cook for 30 mins (I did 25, and it was still doughy in the centre, so maybe 35 mins even. Everyone's oven is different). As you can see, with the join being on the top, it stuck out and went a bit crusty and hard to slice. Oh well.


It still looked pretty funky in the end, even though I'm terrible at slicing bread! I always squash it. Any tips for that, anyone?

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com