Saturday, December 20

Garden Update!

OK, a big progress report on everything in my garden!

My one purple capsicum plant- just starting to flower.

Two of my tamarillo seedlings- growing well :)

Some of my strawberry pots- less than half of them.

Corn seedlings

Tomato plants- first tomatoes coming! Three Romas, grown from seed, and one cherry, self-seeded from the back garden and transplanted. There are more round the back that I want to move, but I need more room in the front garden first!

Two of my little eggplant seedlings.

Malachi's lovely watermelon seedlings.

One of the zucchini plants. We're about to be buried in zucchinis- there are billions of bubby ones coming!

Most of the cauliflowers are ready to harvest- I just need to have time to do it. As you can see, they've been a bit chomped by the bloody cabbage moth caterpillars.

My happiest looking potatoes. This is the fourth bin. The first one was emptied, just to see how they were going, and we got about 500g of baby potatoes. The second bin was looking very unhappy, and the tops look like they were just about dead, but they've come back now, new leaves and everything! The third bin is starting to look sick and unhappy now, but I'm not worried after seeing the other one pick up again. The fourth, as you can see, is looking great! And I've just planted the fifth today- the last of my seed potatoes.

Some capsicum seedlings in the overgrown back garden.

The parsnip seedlings, grown from seed, also in the back garden.

And the sugar snap peas, next to a wall of invading grass and weeds.

There's also a cabbage (yep, one cabbage... we had two, but had one for dinner the other night), but I ran out of camera space.

0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com