Wednesday, December 24

Blueberry Cheesecake

OK, here's the recipe I did for dessert on the Solstice :)

Blueberry Cheesecake


220g fresh or frozen blueberries (I used frozen)
85g shortbread biscuits
1/2 cup almond meal
45g melted butter
600g cream cheese, softened (I forgot to soften it and it was lumpy :P)
3/4 cup sour cream
2 eggs
1 cup caster sugar (I think I used a bit less)
1 tsp vanilla extract

Blend the blueberries with a little water. (The original recipe involved cooking them with sugar and pressing through a sieve, which I couldn't be bothered doing, plus it'd make it more sugary. Theirs looked prettier. Mine was healthier and tasted fine).

Crush the biscuits and add the almond meal and butter. Mix until combined. Press onto the bottom of a pie dish (approx 22cm) and refrigerate.

Process the cream cheese until smooth (I didn't want to get the processor dirty, so I mixed it with a spoon. This, plus the fact that I didn't take the cheese out of the fridge to soften it, made for a lumpy cheesecake. Maybe next time I'll use the processor)
. Add the sour cream, eggs, sugar and vanilla, and process until combined and smooth. Pour into pie dish.

If you can be bothered, drizzle the blueberries over the top and swirl in an artistic manner. If not, just dump it in and mix it around a bit. The swirling thing works better if you do the sugar syrup thing.

Bake on 140 C for 1 hour or until set. (50 mins was fine for mine). Refrigerate and serve cold.


0 comments:

 
design by suckmylolly.com