Saturday, February 7

Knitted Patchwork Bag

Yay, I've finally finished my bag! It's the second real knitting project I've done, the first being Malachi's Zara-Snake.

It's taken me a few months doing bits and pieces here and there.


The front is three panels, 20 stitches by approx 115 rows (depending on which stitch I was doing). The top left-hand corner box, the middle and the bottom purple one are all stocking stitch, and the others are garter stitch. The bottom and sides is one long panel, with moss stitch on one side, and a pattern called 'divided boxes' on the other side, both of which I'm feeling very proud of. The bottom is plain garter stitch.


The back is three panels as well, the outside two plain garter stitch, the pink one is 'textured stripes', which you can't see due to the non-existent macro function on my camera, and also the effect of the multi-coloured yarns. All the yarns are self-striping except for the purple on the right hand side (It's a really bright purple in the sunlight).


The handles are plaited, six strands each of three different colours. The lining is plain calico-type stuff, with two pockets. All hand-sewn, as I don't have a sewing machine (yet!).

Anyway, I'm feeling special, having made something that is functional and (I think) pretty funky-looking too!

Next knitting project: a doll for Zara :)

2 comments:

Nalin said...

Hey WOW!! THat looks so amazing! I can't believe it's only your second project, and hand stitched! You should be very proud.

Pagan Rach said...

Aww, thanks *blush* :)

 
design by suckmylolly.com