Saturday, January 31

Focaccia Rolls

I was going to try out the Naan bread recipe this afternoon, which I've been meaning to do for ages, but I discovered it needed yoghurt, and we don't have any.

So I experimented with this one instead...

Basic Focaccia

450g baker's flour
1 tsp salt
2 tsp dried yeast
3 Tbs olive oil
225mL water
sea salt, for sprinkling

Make up the dough by hand or in the breadmaker. Knead and let rise, knock back and knead again.

Divide into eight equal portions. Roll each into a ball. Flatten each ball into a 10cm round, with the edges slightly thicker than the centre.


Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with sea salt.

Let rise again while oven preheats to 200 C. Spray with water before placing in oven, and again 5 mins into cooking time.

Bake for approx 25 mins, or until focaccia are risen and golden brown. (Mine probably weren't quite golden brown)


I did these plain, just to try out the recipe, but olives and sun-dried tomatoes would be an excellent addition :)

Adapted from The Big Book of Bread, Anne Sheasby

3 comments:

Mr B said...

Yummm ! I borrowed a bread making
book from mum last week actually as I really want to try it. Yours look lovely Rach.

Do you get Bakers Flour at the supermarket ? or organic would be better hey.

Pagan Rach said...

I get Wallaby Baker's Flour, made by Lauke, from the supermarket. It's white, but unbleached, and I often add wheat germ back into it... I could never make bread til I bought proper Baker's Flour.

Lisa said...

I bet these tasted great! They look delicious. When you try to make the Naan I hope you post about it. I've also been intrigued to try, just haven't done it yet.

 
design by suckmylolly.com