Tuesday, October 28

First Zucchini :)

Yay! I picked my first zucchini of the season this evening :) A nice big fat one...


AND... then I made dinner using only (OK, almost only, my onions aren't ready yet so I used a shop onion) vegies from the garden! I used the zucchini, carrots, silverbeet, and sugarsnap peas frozen from last year's harvest to make stir-fried vegies and rice.
Here's the recipe... a bit vague cos I made it up and didn't bother measuring anything.

Stir-Fried Vegies and Rice

Rice
Onion
Carrots
Silverbeet
Zucchini
NotBacon
Slivered Almonds
Soy Sauce
Vinegar

Get rice cooking.
Heat oil in a frypan. Chop onion and chuck it in. Chop other vegies and chuck them in. Add almonds. Chop NotBacon and stick that in too. Add some soy sauce and vinegar (I used apple cider vinegar). Cook for a while.
Serve vegies on top of rice.

And yep, that's how most of my recipes go, LOL. I only measure stuff when it's something like bread.

ETA: I just remembered, I put chilli sauce in too :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh look at your zuc and your yummy dinner.. I am so envious... we had frosts here last week which took out the one zuc seedling I had planted out.... hopeful they might be the last of the frosts and we can finally start growing!

Pagan Rach said...

Our zucchinis all died last season, so I'm doubly happy that they're doing well this year!
I had a bunch of seedlings killed by frost too, it sucks :P

Rachael said...

ooh awesome! our zucchinis didn't happen last year either so hopefully the ones we planted today will do better! (I know we're planting a bit late...hopefully it will be OK!)

 
design by suckmylolly.com