Tuesday, October 21

Carrots!

We pulled four carrots out for dinner this afternoon.


Malachi decided that the second one along was a 'person with two legs to go walking' :)

The carrot were from bought seedlings... I did plant some carrot seeds, but I think my seed-planting-enthusiasm mood came a bit early this year, as everything that came up from that batch of seeds died from the frost, except the dill.

Anyway, I planted 83 tiny carrot seedlings and they've done beautifully! I love the funky shapes, so much more interesting (and much yummier) than shop ones.

We had a carrot and silverbeet quiche for dinner. The silverbeet was also from our garden... I can't wait to have some land and a huuuuge vegie garden!

2 comments:

Jayne said...

woot! A new blog to stalk ;-)( Maybe you'll inspire me-I'm more of a wannabe type gardener!

Mr B said...

Yummy, looks good !

 
design by suckmylolly.com