Friday, January 15

Anti-Consumerism Challenge 2010

Well... I haven't done anything on here for about 6 months, but over at Joyous Birth some of us are doing and anti-consumerism challenge. Good opportunity to get back into the blogging!

The particular thread can be found here.

So here are my rules:

  • No new clothes - homemade, op-shopped or swapped.
  • Handmade, secondhand or local produce for presents only.
  • No impulse buying- find things secondhand or wait a month before buying new.
  • No takeaway or convenience food.
  • Shop at the fruit & veg shop before woolworths.
  • Buy produce at the markets.
  • No new material or yarn unless needed for clothes or presents and cannot be found secondhand.
  • Menu planning, which I do already do, and sticking to monthly grocery budget, which I mostly do.
The local farmers' markets are on tomorrow, so I'm off to buy some fruit & veg- after doing my menu plan of course.

Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Selene said...

Sounds good, but hard! Will follow with interest! :)

Anonymous said...

You may like this:

I have decided to check out the rumors what going around in the past few years, and will conduct the experiment myself.
I have put my son's milk tooth in a glass of cola and made a picture* of it every day for about 2 weeks, then once a few days.
Time by time I have washed it with toothpaste and toothbrush, then replaced the cola with fresh one.
For the experiment I use Coca Cola, because that is the most popular cola.
The result can be seen at : http://thecocacolaexperiment.blogspot.com/

 
design by suckmylolly.com